What is a Hosted PBX?
Hosted PBX is a service where the call platform and PBX features are hosted. The business end users connect via IP to Ugo Telecoms for voice service. “Hosted” means to say that the hardware and PBX is hosted at an off-site location from where the VoIP telephone service is being used.
Need to add extensions due to company growth? Running a campaign for a certain period? The Hosted PBX is the perfect solution to increase inbound and outbound call capacity. Simply add an IP phone to your network and we will do the rest!
How does it work?
A Hosted PBX allow all sized companies to have a complete telephony system and set it up according to the company’s needs. Employees will be able to connect to the phone system from different locations, using the internet. Your PBX contains all your phone numbers and information about how to handle phone calls. It also provides phone lines to each extension. Each phone call that is done from and to the company, goes through the PBX. Based on different rules, it decides what to do with the phone call, which locations to show and much more.
Phone extensions are always connected to the hosted PBX through the Internet. This allows companies with offices in different locations to share the same PBX, to handle all phone calls and to provide phone lines to every extension.
- Incoming and outgoing phone call rules
- Automatic Attendant (IVR) or Automated greetings
- Multiple phone numbers
- Simultaneous phone calls
- Music on hold
- Call Transfer
- Call Divert
- Call Tracking
- Call Reporting
- Hunting Groups
- Call Pick-up
- Call Routing
- Call Parking
- Working hours and other time-of-day-routing
- Connect different locations
- Connect remote employees
- Extension organization by departments
- And more
- Fully functional PBX with enterprise features: the only difference is that there are no hardware onsite, only your telephones
- Upgrade and add new extensions by simply adding an IP phone to your network
- Keep track of the success of marketing campaigns
- Review productivity of different departments
- Use call recordings to improve the performance of employees
- Never miss a call with smart routing
- Invest in a solution that grows with your company and new technology
- Internet connection - ADSL/Fibre, 4G or LTE, Wireless Broadband
- Devices to handle phone calls - IP Phones, VoIP ATA or Softphones on computers or mobile phones
- Purchase VoIP Phones - After determining the total users/extensions required, purchase all the VoIP devices you need and/or download the applicable softphones for users's mobile phones or computers.
- Ugo Telecoms will set up the Hosted PBX and phone extensions - We will need to know if you need specific requirements, such as working hours, welcoming messages, call queues, auto-attendant, etc.
- Set up VoIP phones/devices - Once the Hosted PBX has been set-up, extensions are created and specific rules are set, the IP phones and softphones need to be configured and set-up.
- Test your PBX - Use your new phone system and check everything is working as planned. Once the testing is done, porting of the telephone numbers can be initiated.
- Porting of telephone numbers - Submit a request to port your telephone numbers from the current Telecoms provider to Ugo Telecoms.
- Forward phone calls to a provisional phone number - By forwarding incoming calls right before the actual porting, no-one will even notice the change from the old to the new system.
- Successful Migration - Once your phone numbers has ported to Ugo Telecoms, the migration is completed and forwarding to the provisional phone number may be deleted. It is recommended that alternative phone numbers are kept, ensuring that all calls are received, especially in the event of internet connectivity issues or emergencies.